Monday 1 April 2013

First Post: Big Breakfast Recipe

I wanted to start a blog on my journey to have a tasty and delicious low FODMAP diet.

I was diagnosed with Fructose Malabsorption in December and have had to cut some of my favourite ingredients out of meals. During this time, I have spoken to many people who also know someone who knows someone with Fructose Malabsorption or other forms of IBS. This lead me to this blog here, hopefully a place to share delicious meal ideas, while keeping away the bloating, cramps and other nasty symptoms. 

I do not aim to give advice, as I am not a dietitian, and recommend you speak to one if you feel you need to. Also please note, that although I am on a FODMAP diet I am lucky enough to still be able to eat dairy products and like to incorporate them into a lot of my meals. 

Anyway, what a better way to start a blog with the most important meal of the day: Breakfast.



Big Breakfast Recipe 





Ingredients: 

2 eggs
fresh sourdough spelt bread (or other gluten free options)
2 slices of gluten free bacon
1 handful of cherry tomatos
1/4 avocado 
1 tsp white vinegar 
1 tsp oil 

Steps: 

1. Poach eggs by simmering a large pot of water. Add vinegar. Crack eggs into the water, and leave them for about 5 minutes, less if you prefer them runnier or more if you prefer the middle to be harder. 

2. Heat oil in a pan and fry bacon on a medium setting. Add the tomatoes and fry for about 2 minutes. 

3. Serve with the eggs on fresh toast, with the bacon and tomatoes on the side and avocado spread on the bread or just served on the side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment