Thursday 4 April 2013

Product Review: The Fruit Free Clusters with Chia Muesli

The Fruit Free Clusters with Chia breakfast muesli



My ideal breakfast is simple to prepare and full of flavour. I was a big fan of muesli and cereal before I was diagnosed with Fructose Malabsorption.Until recently, I thought I would have to say goodbye to breakfast muesli due to nearly every single muesli product having either gluten or some sort of dried raisins or sultanas in them. However, Food For Health have introduced a range of cereals including 'The Fruit Free Clusters with Chia' which label themselves 'Fructose Friendly'. I have already been eating this muesli for about a month now and could not be happier. I have been able to sit down and enjoy a delicious, tasty and easy to prepare breakfast. The cereal has a good crunch, enough sweetness and a really good kick of flavour due to the cinnamon in there. Yum!

The fruit free clusters are literally small clusters of tasty things like buckwheat, puffed rice, a range of nuts, chia and cinnamon.They can be found in local Australian super markets, and although they are pricey (I have seen them from about $8-$10) they are worth it. I often add puffed rice or puffed corn to the mix to have the muesli last longer.

The muesli does not require any extra preparation time and can be enjoyed with milk (soy if you cannot have dairy) or with yoghurt and blueberries for even more flavour (not that it is needed).

Overall, it is a muesli I regularly stock in my cupboard and I would highly recommend it. 

Taste: 4/5
Price: $$$ (expensive)
Easiness of Use: 5/5 
Good for: Fructose Malabsorption, Coeliac Disease, Lactose Intolerance, Wheat Intolerance, Peanut allergies (does contain other nuts). 

What other cereals or muesli would you recommend?

Mivvy

Please note this was not a paid review, just a review for a product that I bought and really like to eat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment